Today Good Gardening Videos announced to its subscribers 36 new videos, plus a new feature – a guide to videos on a timely subject. The first such guide covers Videos about Pruning Spring-Blooming Shrubs, including the best 8 videos we could find and a link to 4 more. Included are 3 new ones:
- Plant Amnesty’s Easy to Prune? Evergreen Azaleas. and Rhododendrons are Difficult to Prune but Here’s How, Expert Cass Turnbull goes low-tech with drawings in these videos commissioned by the State of Washington and the U.S. Forest Service. Pruning CAN be hard to demonstrate in photos or video, so for this topic, videos with drawings are okay.
- How to Prune Azaleas and Rhododendrons by U. Illinois Extension.
University of Maryland Extension has dozens of excellent videos about growing edibles, including these new ones at GGVideos that may be helpful now. They’re all here or use the search box anywhere on the site for a particular topic.
- Tomatoes: How to Plant, Tomato Cages, Tomato Talk, Removing Plant Suckers, Identifying Late Blight.
- Also, Beets, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Corn, Cucumbers. Peppers and Leeks.
- Protecting Crops: Row Covers (2), Low Tunnel, Fencing, Protecting Eggplant.
- More How-To: Feeding with Side-Dressing, Building a Raised Bed, Bamboo Support Structures, Intensive Planting, Succession Planting and Herb-Drying.
Tracy’s 50 Plants features the popular perennial expert Tracy DiSabato-Aust and the perennials she recommends. From Seattle’s Garden Time TV.
Redbuds by horticulturist Dave Epstein of Growing Wisdom.
Beautiful Desert Rose – How to Grow and Flower Adeniums by specialty retailer Logee’s Plants in Connecticut.
How to Create a Mounded Succulent Arrangement with Debra Lee Baldwin, the uncontested expert on growing succulents beautifully.
Casey Boyter’s Innovative Courtyard Garden from Central Texas Gardener. Find out how out this designer innovates.
Wildlife-Friendly, Water-Conserving Garden of landscape architect Robert Leeper.
20-Square Foot Balcony Garden in Greenwich Village, NY, from Urban Gardener.
Great Chicago-Area Back Yard, of Gary Slack, from Dig-In Chicago.
Ideas for Long and Wide Gardens by designer Rachel Mathews.
Books, TV, Etc
Spring 2016 Books from Timber Press makes us want to read these new books recommended by Tom Fischer:
- Garden Revolution: How Our Landscapes Can Be a Source of Environmental Change
- The Aromatherapy Garden: Growing Fragrant Plants for Happiness and Well-Being
- The Culinary Herbal: Growing and Preserving 97 Flavorful Herbs
- Hand-Built Outdoor Furniture: 20 Step-by-Step Projects Anyone Can Build
- All the Presidents’ Gardens: Madison’s Cabbages to Kennedy’s Roses, How the White House Grounds Have Grown with America.
on May 28, 2016 at 4:44 pm, in the category Books, Watch Someone Else Do It.